Friday, September 20, 2013

Solo Walking

My schedule this semester has allowed me much time to explore. I took one of my free weekdays to take a walk near one of the metro stations on the way to school; Diamond Hill. I had made no plans and had done no research, so I had absolutely no clue what to expect. After leaving the station, I started walking in a general direction and eventually found myself in a garden.

I'm pretty sure this says Nanlian Garden.
Suddenly there was calming Chinese instrumental music in the air and I was surrounded by small rivers, pretty bushes and beautiful looking Chinese-style buildings.

I was in the middle of a city a second ago...what happened??

If ever there was a place to take a quiet break and sip tea or write a book, this is it.


Eventually, I found myself in a middle of a monastery.

If you squint and look at the back right, you can vaguely tell that there is in fact a city near by.

This monastery had constant monotonous chanting coming from speakers all around to get people into the monastery mood. And yes, I was in the mood. Hummmmmmmmmmm.........

No monastery would be complete without its lily ponds and water-spewing dragon heads.


No comments:

Post a Comment